Doctoral Program in Computer Science
The School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University offers the dual degree PhD program in Computer Science in conjunction with:
- the University of Minho;
- the University of Aveiro;
- the University of Porto;
- the Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia at the University of Coimbra;
- the Faculdade de Ciências at the University of Lisboa;
- the Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia at the Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
- the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Instituto Superior Técnico.
Doctoral students carry their studies both in Portugal and in the United States, and are co-advised by faculty at Carnegie Mellon and the respective Portuguese faculty. Graduates of the program receive dual degrees awarded by Carnegie Mellon and by the Portugal university they attend.
The expected duration of the program is five years (full-time). Scholarships and fellowships are available to qualified candidates. By enrolling in a dual degree program students experience the advantages of collaborative research between top-tier research institutions. The program’s high scientific standards serve to educate high-quality researchers, instructors, and innovators in the field of Computer Science.
To apply, visit Carnegie Mellon’s CS website and select Ph.D. in Computer Science/Dual Degree Portugal.