5th Lisbon Machine Learning School
Date: July 16-23,2015
Location: Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal
LxMLS 2015 is organized jointly by Instituto Superior Técnico, the Instituto de Telecomunicações and the Spoken Language Systems Lab – L2F ofINESC-ID.
The topic of the fifth edition
school is Natural Language Understanding. It will cover a range of
machine learning (ML) Topics, from theory to practice, that are important in
solving natural language processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis
and use of Web data.
target audience are researchers and graduate students in the fields
of NLP and Computational Linguistics, computer scientists and industry
limited number of scholarships will be provided for PhD and Post-Doc students
Features of LxMLS:
- No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is
required, but the attendants are assumed to have at least some basic
background on probabilities and programming;
- Recommended reading is provided one month in
- Includes a strong practical component;
- A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts
and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
- Days will be divided into tutorials and practical
- Both basic (e.g linear classifiers) and advanced
topics (e.g. big data, deep learning) will be covered;
- Instructors are leading researchers in machine
February 23rd – April 8th
May 8th – June 8th
The application deadline is
April 8th, 2015. To apply, please fill this application form. Questions should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CMU Portugal Program is one of the supporters of this event.